Get to Know Deco: Tornos Exclusives
- Swiss Stability. Get sustainable Swiss precision with the following Deco stability standards:
- Best spindle in its class
- One-piece core motor direct drive spindles
- Big 5/8” tool shanks
- Powerful 7 horsepower drive
- Full synchronous rotary guide bushing for rigidity
- Rigid one-piece cast iron base with built-in pre-cast cooling channels
- Simultaneous machining. Do it double time!
Tornos Deco machines let you split operations 100% between the front and back spindles. In the Deco Sigma class, no other Swiss builder provides this capability.
- Thread whirling. The most efficient way to cut high quality threads.
With Tornos’ thread whirling capability, whirling can be done on the main spindle or in the counter spindle. Tornos thread whirling has these additional advantages:
- Increase your throughput
- Produce high quality, burr-free threads
- Eliminate secondary finishing operations
- No need to purchase dedicated threading equipment
- Efficient, accurate, single setup operation
- Up to 25 degrees angle adjustment
- One-inch Stock Capability. Make longer, bigger parts.
With the Sigma 20, you can start accepting jobs requiring one-inch stock. And Decos can also turn a twelve foot long bar — up to nine inches in one chucking — with one setup!
- Program & Edit on the machine for total control.
The Sigma 20, control gives you the ability to get back to basics with standardized ISO programming on the machine. The user-friendly Sigma control makes quick changeovers a breeze.
- Tool Versatility. With Tornos, the choice is yours.
Supersize your options on every job. In addition to 8-16 front spindle tools, the Sigma gives you 8 backworking tools which you can use in any combination — 4 turning and 4 milling, or 2 turning and 6 milling, or 7 turning and 1 milling — whatever the part requires. With this much versatility, the Tornos Sigmas can compete at the high end without the high cost of a turret.
- Speed. With Swiss stability comes speed.
In test after test, the Tornos Deco cuts parts faster than the competition — up to 50% faster! But the best part is that Tornos machines continuously produce flawless parts at these speeds.
- Optimized ergonomics.
The clamping of the headstock and counter operations allow infinite fine adjustment of chuck collets to accommodate material stock deviation or variances in pre-finished parts. And the roomy Tornos Decos make it comfortable to set up your jobs inside the machine.
- Efficient chip flow and evacuation.
The kinematics on the Tornos Decos have been designed for efficiency and optimal chip evacuation. In addition, coolant flow is continuously adjustable so you are free to optimize evacuation further to match particularly demanding jobs.